Cupcakes of Hope is such a special organisation! They are recognising children with cancer in a practical, proactive way by raising funds through cupcakes (could there be any more perfect way?)
If you’d like to be a part of this initiative, simply bake a couple of cupcakes and drop them off at your local drop-off point, which can be found here Drop-off Mall List SA. OR, donate hard cash directly into their account:
Cupcakes of Hope
Branch : Three Rivers
Branch code : 178337
Account no : 1028740565
Ok, ok, I know you read through ALL of that just to get my cupcake recipe. Surprise, it’s Banting. Not surprised? Just humour me. But first, look at this, keep it, remember it:
Ingredients for cupcakes:
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup dessicated coconut
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup xylitol
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (not vanilla essence, for Banters)
- 1 1/2 tsp of lemon juice
Ingredients for sticky glaze (optional but yummy):
- 1/4 cup xylitol – powdered to icing sugar consistency in a grinder if possible
- 3 T coconut milk
- Dessicated coconut to sprinkle on top
- Preheat oven to 180-degrees Celsius.
- Mix all of the dry CUPCAKE ingredients of the together.
- In a separate bowl, mix the wet CUPCAKE ingredients together.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and combine thoroughly.
- Put into cupcake liners and bake for about 25 minutes (or until golden brown and cooked).
- To make the glaze, combine all the GLAZE ingredients in a bowl.
- Once the cupcakes have cooled down completely, remove the liners and then poke holes all over the top of the cupcakes with a toothpick.
- Dip the cakes top side down into the glaze and allow to set.
- Re-dip the cakes for a second coat of glaze and sprinkle with coconut
This recipe was the brain-child of the Banting Cook. Don’t try to compete with something that works.