Never heard of the coveted Liebster Award? The award bloggers crave in their darkest moments? The nomination that defines their very careers, identity, personal self-worth? Me neither. But, having been nominated by the lovely Mrs R, also known as TexanadaStepmama (thank you), I’m now at liberty to be quite snooty about it.
For more info, look here.
So, here goes…
My questions for the nominees:
1. What is your ultimate indulgence?
2. How do you use coconut oil?
3. If the only animal left on earth was the goat, what would you call yours?
4. What would you tell your 15-year old self?
5. What would you do differently, if you had the chance?
6. If you had to choose between a live-in professional chef full-time, or an exotic holiday once every couple of years, what would it be?
7. In the perfect world (so, no concerns about budget, safety or logistics), where would you live and why?
8. What was the best themed party that you ever attended?
9. Have you ever played “Have You Ever”?
10. Chocolate or vanilla?
11. How would you introduce yourself to Winston Churchill?
My answers to Mrs R:
1. What is your favorite thing to do?
I love being pampered, so a massage is defo my idea of the perfect way to spend an afternoon.
2. What are you most afraid of?
3. One thing you would like to improve about yourself?
4. Is the glass half empty or half full?
I think I’m generally an optimist.
5. Favorite TV show or movie?
Yikes, so many. I love Adam Sandler and Jimmy Fallon. I hold onto the dream that some day, somehow, they morph into the ultimate comedian.
6. Favorite Band or Singer?
7. What motivates you to work hard?
Money. I don’t believe that your job and your passion should ever be the same thing. Making work out of your passion is only likely to put a major dampener on the love you once had for that thing.
8. Favourite vacation spot?
We recently went to Le Morne, Mauritius. Damn, it was spectacular.
9. What did you want to be when you were little?
Part of Green Peace.
10. If you were the ruler of your own country, what is the first law you would introduce?
All pet owners would have to qualify for the privilege of caring for an animal.
11. Who is your hero?
My daughter. She has the amazing ability to smile through very tough times.
Random facts about me:
1. I was named after Joni Mitchell’s song about Amelia Earhart, as my dad was a pilot.
2. My eardrum burst when the phone I was on was struck by lightning.
3. I won an award for proficiency in Afrikaans.
4. I dislike heights and flying.
5. I love listening to live music.
6. My last meal would be my husband’s prawns, my mom’s cheesecake, and Springfield Whole Berry.
7. I was asked to teach basic computer skills to a group of adults when I was 10.
8. I’ve been to Iran.
9. Generally speaking, I prefer animals to people.
10. I sing terribly.
11. I used to enter a weekly competition to write funny captions for a comic, and I won three times. This saved me money as the prize was always wine.